Choices are individual and an implied human right for all citizens — yet many people with disabilities are often not able to fully experience a self-directed life. This series considers supported decision making, the dignity of risk, guardianship, and additional options for protection without interfering with a person’s autonomy. This 5-part series provides:
- -An overview of what to expect from the Self-Determination series;
- -What Supported Decision Making means;
- -The continuum of supports from least to most restrictive;
- -What you need to know about Guardianship; and
- -Why dignity of risk matters.
Watch the Vodcast
Listen to the Podcast