The Criminal Justice System and Coloradans with Intellectual and Other Developmental Disabilities (IDDs): The Basics You Need to Know. This five-part series offers citizens with IDDs and those who support them an overview of Colorado’s criminal justice system, including general information about the differences between municipal and district courts, potential outcomes to expect at court, and interactions with law enforcement. In series episodes, you learn about what to expect if you are a defendant or if you are a victim, who your legal representation will be and what to expect of them, and what probation and parole are.
Session topics are as follows:
- Overview: What to expect when you are a person with IDD involved in Colorado’s criminal justice system.
- Defendant: What happens if, as a person with IDD, you are a defendant in Colorado’s criminal justice system?
- Victim: What happens if you, as a person with IDD, are a victim of a crime in Colorado’s criminal justice system?
- Representation: What to expect if you are a person with IDD and need public representation in Colorado’s courts.
- Probation and Parole: What you should know about probation and parole if you are person with IDD.
Watch the Vodcast
Listen to the Podcast